Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Oiling Baby B

You want to oil your Bailey but you are not sure.......
Look for any metal joints that are moving parts, do not oil the band that runs the hand wheel.In the pics below you will see that I removed the top casing, metal bed plate from the machine, I used a small Q tip with a dab of oil to get in all nooks and crannies. I did not blow the dust away, the little oil drop on the QTIP did the trick. My oiling consisted of areas in the bobbin assembly, needle bar, take up bar and attached joints both distal ends of the long rods that run along the top and bottom of the machine, as well the moving parts associated with the hand wheel.

I have only done this complete oiling once and for me it will be an annual affair. In between times I will just pay attention to the bobbin assembly and gears associated with that part of the machine


I was very lucky to find this video as it has just been produced and I quickly edited my attempt at still photos and replace it with Mark Wilson's video



No comments:

Post a Comment